Rhode Island Most Updated And Largest Online DMV And Driving Record Search Portal
Rhode Island Public Records Search
Rhode Island DMV Resources
Free and easy to use direct official Rhode Island government links to driver license and registration sources. Register your vehicle, get your tags, obtain the history of a vehicle. Online forms and processing from your computer anywhere. You can also see the status of your applications at anytime online without having to call the clerk. Locations, hours and office information are also available online.
Rhode Island Drivers License
- Easy and free resources available to the public directly from the state's official website. Link to essential instructions you need regarding your drivers license matters whether you are new to the state or hold an existing Rhode Island issued license. Find out about reinstating you driving privileges with forms. Transfer your license if you're from out of state. Commercial and private drivers can take advantage of the State of Rhode Island DMV online access at any time without having to worry about holiday closures and hours of operation.
- New License and Permits
Instructions for ages of 16 - 18. Applicants 18 and over and have never held a driver's license in Rhode Island, or if a license has expired over three (3) years. What you will need and other related information.
- License Renewal
Find out how to renew you drivers license as well as your Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Commercial (CDL) / Chauffeurs
Test location and requirements that are helpful in obtaining a commercial drivers license. Information on new HazMat regulations.
- Lost or Damaged Licenses
If you lose or misplace your valid Rhode Island license, the DMV will issue a new copy.
Special license to operate a motorcycle. Motorcycle safety course and other related information.
- Name & Address Change
Keep your current address on file. Requirements and instructions for name change.
How to get your license back after reinstatement. Directions to Operator Control and information about hours and services.
- Out-of-State Renewals
If you are temporarily out of state at the time your license is due to expire for a valid reason such as work or school, or if you are seasonally in another state, the DMV can renew your license through the mail if you meet a few simple requirements.
- Out-of-State Transfer
If you have recently moved to Rhode Island, you need to obtain a valid Rhode Island license upon becoming a resident. Get information on what you will need and more.
- Road Test Information
What you will need when reporting for your road test. Grounds for immediate termination of the Road Test.
- State I.D.s
Rhode Island issues a non-driver identification card. List of Rhode Island ID Requirements.
- School Bus
Eligibility to operate a School Bus in Rhode Island. Licensing Requirement. Certification Requirement and essential information.
- New to Rhode Island
Driving in Rhode Island. Selective Service information. Mandatory insurance.
- General Information
Traffic Rules, Motorcycle Information, Chemical Test Law, Accident Reports and Organ Donation.
- Register to Vote
Rhode Island Vehicle Registration and Titling
- Access resources for new and existing vehicle registrations. Find out information on how to register or just renew your vehicle. What you can do when your place or registration is damaged, lost or stolen. Update vehicle information over the internet. Links to help out of state transfers with instructions. How to cancel your plates. Duplicate title requests. Information to inspect your vehicle and emissions. See all the services by clinking on the index and home page link provided below for easy reference. All links are free to access where you can obtain sources to accomplish your task without driving to the DMV location in person.
- New Registration
Step by step instructions. Liens against the vehicle how to. Refunds. If your vehicle has an out-of-state title, you are required to have a VIN check. Be prepared with helpful tips and information.
- Registration Renewal
Renew your vehicle registration online or Download a Mail-In Renewal Form and follow easy instructions.
- Lost or Damaged Registration or Plates
Duplicate registration certificate. Figure the fees for a remake. What you need to do if you have lost both plates and wish to immediately obtain a set of plates and more.
- Update Registration
Change the address on your registration. Change of Address card form and instructions.
- Out-of-State Transfer
If you are new to Rhode Island, you must register your vehicle within 30 days of becoming a resident. What you will need to bring. Application downloads and more helpful instructions.
- Plate Transfers
If you already have a registered vehicle and purchase another to replace it, you can transfer the registration and plates to the new vehicle. Change your current plate to another plate.
- Cancel Plates
When you sell a vehicle and do not replace it, or when a vehicle is junked, you must cancel the registration and plates.
- Vanity Plates
A vanity plate for a passenger vehicle can be any combination of three (3) to six (6) letters or up to six (6) letters and numbers. See format for letters and numbers on vanity application.
- Surviving Spouse
Forms and instructions to change a registration into your name after a spouse dies
- Registration index of services from the Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles
Find information about taxes, titles, duplicate titles, salvage information, custom builds, leased vehicles, and lien information.
Tax & Title Only
- Inspections & Emissions
Motor Vehicle Safety and Emission Control Division. Inspections done at state garage.
Rhode Island DMV Forms and Manuals
Rhode Island DMV Misc. Links and FAQs