City of Brownwood, Texas largest online public and criminal records directory.


Texas Public Records Search

Brownwood, Texas is known for its rich history and culture. It is the county seat of Brown County and is located in Central Texas. The city council is composed of a mayor and five council members, all of whom are elected at-large. The mayor and council members serve two-year terms. The city council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at City Hall. Below are direct public records resources that can help you find the most up-to-date information.

What is the process for someone who is arrested in Brownwood, Brown County, Texas to go through the jail and court system?

If you get arrested in Brownwood, Brown County, Texas, you would go to the Brown County Jail and the Brown County Courthouse.

What publicly accessible records can be obtained from the Brownwood, Brown County, Texas Library?

The Brownwood Public Library offers access to public records. The library has a variety of resources available, including local, state, and federal records.

Where is the nearest fingerprinting office located in Brownwood, Brown County, Texas?

The Brownwood Police Department offers fingerprinting services.

What are the requirements for obtaining vital records from Brownwood, Brown County, Texas, and what information is provided in the records?

The Brownwood/Brown County Health Department is the official custodian of vital records for Brownwood and Brown County, Texas. To obtain vital records from the Brownwood/Brown County Health Department, you must submit a written request. The request must include the following information: • Full name of the person whose record is being requested • Date of birth • Place of birth • Relationship to the person whose record is being requested • Reason for the request • Your name, address, and phone number • Payment for the applicable fees Vital records available from the Brownwood/Brown County Health Department include birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, and divorce decrees.