Michigan Most Updated And Largest Online DMV And Driving Record Search Portal
Michigan Public Records Search
Michigan DMV Resources
Free and easy to use direct official Michigan government links to driver license and registration sources. Register your vehicle, get your tags, obtain the history of a vehicle. Online forms and processing from your computer anywhere. You can also see the status of your applications at anytime online without having to call the clerk. Locations, hours and office information are also available online.
Michigan Drivers License
- Getting a Driver license
Obtaining your first Michigan driver's license, including the GDL for persons under 18 years of age, license requirements for new residents, and special needs for motorists who need interpreters and translated tests.
- Renewing or Replacing a license
Social Security Requirements. How to Renew a License, Special Circumstances, Interpreters and Translation Issues. Quick Links for Change of Address/Voter Registration Form, Michigan Residents Out-of-State, Military Personnel, Branch Office Locator & Hours, Driver Responsibility Program, Requesting Your Own Driving Record, Driver's License Fees.
- Commercial Driver Licenses
Learn about: Commercial driver license (CDL) eligibility requirements; endorsements, restrictions and exemptions, and tests needed to obtain a CDL.
- Special Licenses and Endorsements
Obtaining a minor restricted license, chauffeur license, and special license and endorsement for mopeds, recreational and farm vehicles.
- Requesting a Driving or Vehicle Record
You can request a driving or vehicle record through the Record Lookup Unit. Request Your Own Driving or Vehicle Record, also same day service information. Requesting Another Person's Record.
- Driver's License Change-of-Address, Voter Registration
Update your information. Instructions and information with guidance.
- Driver's license and state ID Home page
Link to various resources free from the official government website. Application, process and list of many other resources that can help you with your licensing issues.
Michigan Vehicle Registration and Titling
- Title and registration
Requirements; special titles; name changes; address changes; license plate fees; insurance requirements; new Michigan residents; lost titles; lost license plates; and deceased vehicle owners.
- Buying a vehicle
From an individual or dealer; leasing options; buying a vehicle from a relative; Michigan's Auto Lemon Law; and your rights as a buyer.
- Selling a Vehicle
The responsibilities of an individual who is selling a vehicle, and how to replace a lost title.
- Recreational vehicles
Also Snowmobiles, watercraft and ORVs.
- License Plates
Standard license plates, fundraising plates, disability placards, personalized plates, veteran and military plates, and other special license plates.
- Renewing your license plate
License plates for individually owned vehicles, light trucks and motorcycles. convenient methods of renewing: Online, Telephone, Mail, Self-Service Station and Secretary of State offices.
- Titling and Registering a Vehicle
how to title and register your vehicle whether you are buying a vehicle from an individual, a dealership or a family member.
- Vehicle Sources home page
Links and resources to assist with your motor vehicle tasks and matters. Free and easy to use from your computer. List of services from the official state of Michigan Website. Vehicle quick links for common issues and more helpful guidance and instructions.
Michigan DMV Forms and Manuals
Michigan DMV Misc. Links and FAQs
- Free and easy to use resources and site form the official secretary of state. Link and accomplish your driving or vehicle tasks. Look up information and sources online without going back and forth to the department's location. Navigate to obtain records, information, how to instructions with do it yourself links. No lines or waiting on hold. Get what you need instantly and save time and the expense of visiting the location. Process for mailing options, online or if you still wish or go to the location in person.
- Title Histories
Vehicle title and registration histories can be purchased through the Record Lookup Unit.
- Fees for License Plates, Registrations and Titles
Commonly requested information regarding vehicle registration and title fees.
- Instant Title Service
- Disability Plates and Placards
Disability parking and placard information, handicap parking, handicap plate, disabled parking permit, and wheelchair.
- Information for Consumers
Filing a Complaint. Your Rights, Vehicle Safety, Publications and Forms.
- Watercraft Registration Renewals
alternatives to renewing your watercraft registration at a Secretary of State branch office. Fast, reliable, convenient, that will save you time.
- New Michigan resident
Driver license, vehicle registration, and voter registration information.
- Answers to your various questions. No need to contact the agency and wait on hold from one clerk to another. Instantly lookup your most common inquiries on one page and quick links to instructions and guidance. Be informed prior to leaving for a test, ID request at the location. What are your financial responsibilities. Commercial drivers as well as new drivers. Guidance for Motorcycle and specialty licenses. Programs for other types of vehicles.
- General Frequently asked questions
- Driver's License & State Identification Cards
- Financial Responsibility
- Frequently Asked Questions - Commercial Drivers
- Motorcycle Safety Program FAQs
- Automotive-related Businesses